Sunday, September 23, 2007

Simon's 6th Birthday

We have had a busy few days. I am exhausted.

Sadie threw her paci in the trash Thursday morning and despite a few minutes crying 2 nights, she did great! We are now a paci free house. I am still in shock that she did it. She is talking more and more everyday. Today we fed the fish and a few turtles at the pond down the street and she kept saying Daddy see Turtles.

Simon's 6th birthday party went wonderfully. The boys were all very well-behaved. The only real mess was the popcorn on the floor during the movie. It seems flashlight tag was the highlight of all the boys night. They had a lot of fun. They started out with McDonald's for dinner which was barely touched, moved on the pinata, and then to water balloons. We can't forget the NASCAR cake much to Daddy's dismay. The kids were so excited they hardly touched that either! Next they went swimming and then played flashlight tag. Jack would never turn off his flashlight when he his so he was always found. They all watched Power Rangers and between 8 boys, we went through 5 bags of popcorn! Everyone fell asleep around 11pm and got up at 6am much to my and Tom's dismay. After donuts and racing cars, everyone was shuttled home at 9am. The party was a huge hit and both boys were in bed tonight at 6pm. Simon said it was his best birthday party yet. He is having great fun playing with all his gifts.

Jack gets his adenoids removed on Thursday morning so he Thursday will likely be a cranky day for him with the anesthesia. We might have to break out something special for him to play with that day.

In other weekend events, Simon's soccer team won 20-0 on Saturday. Tom coached this game and we all felt awful that the other team lost so bad. Its hard to tell 5-6 year-old boys to stop playing well and the refs wouldn't let the other team put another played out on the field. :_ His football team also won on Saturday against the only other undefeated team. The game got a little vocal which was interesting. I guess I should expect this living in Texas. I hope to make it to a game sans Sadie and Jack so I can videotape at least one game this season. They are quite fun to watch.

Monday is our crazy day so I am off to prepare.

No comments: